Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MORE: Shows 2010

The year is ending soon. And as I sit in a wet red tunnel, I am reminded of voices and burnt Vaseline. Goodbye Rodentia. Hello Helicopter. I've been born again. Into the whale eye that hangs from the clouds. In between I've been a part of some cool shows. Here's a rundown:


Even My Mum Can Make a Book




zine show in Istanbul. This looked great and I was excited to be part of it. Take that computer!

Initiated by Gamze Özer, Timothée Huguet and Kristina Kramer this project shows alternative publishings like zines, fanzines, artist books and selfmade editions from around the world.

Manzara Perspectives Gallery
Istanbul, Turkey
http://evenmymumcanmakeabook.tumblr.com/


Forum of Forty Champions




I drew the backdrop and other design elements for this show at the Minstallation Gallery curated by Gary Kachadourian. Forty artists made characters with a variety of powers. Witch Hat provided sound. After opening we all went ice skating while noise bands screeched on the side of the rink. No lie.



detail of Tocha by Lisa Krause. Hummingbird head, cardinal bones and hot glue gun were used.

Creative Alliance
Baltimore, MD
http://minstallation.blogspot.com/


Bound and Gagged




curated by Tom Neely. A bunch of cartoonists dissect the gag construct. Art show coincided with a book release party which published the work in the show. Buy it!

Secret Headquarters
Los Angeles, CA
http://iwilldestroyyounews.blogspot.com/2010/08/bound-gagged.html

My contribution:

No comments:

Post a Comment